Enhanced 911 (E911)
Obviously, our national 911 system is of vital importance in its ability to connect the public to emergency services. Telecommunication solutions have many areas of specialization one of which addresses the unique needs of the public safety community. We may take it for granted, but among other functions, there are some unique elements within this technology that:
- allows individuals to place 911 calls from wired or wireless phones
- ensures 911 calls receive priority over other network traffic
- permits emergency response centers and public safety answering points (PSAPs) to identify the callers’ physical location and calling phone number
- coordinates the engagement of appropriate police, fire, medical, or other emergency resources, and
- enables responders to maintain, record, and manage those calls effectively
An E911 solution is the telecommunications and technology systems (comprised of the phone system, handsets, servers, routers, call recording programs, call management applications, related software & databases, video monitors, etc…) that are used by PSAPs.
Nurse Call System's
Health care organizations experience some unique communications needs in the course of taking care of patients. Hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living centers, and extended stay facilities all make use of an important telecommunication solution known as a Nurse Call System. As the words imply, a significant function of this type of communications system is to allow residents of such facilities to connect with their caregivers when they require assistance. However, more and more capabilities are being added to these systems.