Sales is no easy feat. It takes a particular kind of person to get rejected as much as the sales person does and wake back up the next day to do it all over again. You smile and laugh when you want to cry and scream. You kill them with kindness when you would rather just kill them.
We pulled seven tips from JANEK Performance Group's "How To Make Better Sales Calls" infographic that we thought may help you in your daily grind.
- The best time to cold call is between 4pm-5pm and the second best time is between 8am-10am.
- Avoid odd hours and weekends.
- 80% of sales calls go to voicemail, so leave your message in 30 seconds or less.
- It takes an average of 6.7 call attempts to reach a prospect - tenacity pays off.
- Once you reach your prospect 20 seconds is the time grame you have to connect and peak interest. So, have a plan and be wise.
- Confidence and a smile will exude through the phone. Even though the prospect can't see you convey warmth and enthusiasm.
- Take ownership. Be clear on why you are calling and the value to them.
On your next prospect call, keep these tips in mind. You can never stop improving the effectiveness of your calls, response rates, and your pipeline!